How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100497
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought insurance small business legal issues. Recently, I

Customer Question

Hello, I bought insurance for my small business for the legal issues. Recently, I am working with the insurance company on a hearing against me. the insurance company arrange a lawyer. However, the lawyer is not paying enough attention on my case. I have
to wait for a month to meet him to discussed the case and it take 2 weeks waiting some document he said he will email to me during the meeting. He and his assistant never answer a phone call, and not even reply email now. I contact the insurance company. all
they told me is that the lawyer is a good one and based on the agreement between the client and their company, they have the right to arrange the lawyer. That is all the response I got from filing my concerns. However, I think I purchase the service from the
company, it should be their responsibility to provide a proper service to me. I filed my complaint to them, now just has one meeting with the lawyer and couple email conversations. The lawyer did not taking any step yet. But I do need to get the hearing resolved
in a timely manner. I don't think I am receiving a proper service. Is there any lawyer I can refer or what I can do next. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Do you have sufficient's insurance so that you will absolutely get covered for what you are being sued for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have my insurance paper with me. I will find it out and email you tomorrow. Thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.


Have a good day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delaying. The situation is like this. I bought insurance for my clinic from a insurance company, Western Financial Group. The policy provided the coverage of legal issues, including hearing, which I am dealing with now. Western Financial is using another insurance company DAS to provided legal assistance. I called Western Group, they said I didn't sign anything regarding how to appoint a lawyer when I need legal assistant from the insurance company. There are just some wording between Western Financial and DAS saying DAS will appoint a lawyer for clients. That is just I was told. I am not sure that rule shall apply to me or not. To be honest, I don't care who appoint the lawyer, I just want one who care my case and can work on it in a timely manner.
DAS has reviewed my case and told me it will be covered by insurance base on the policy. For sure there are certain limit they can cover, and it shows on the policy of the insurance.
Like I mentioned before, both the lawer and DAS ignore my contact. My concerns is what I can do about it. I have emails records showing they were not responding to me. I called and left message, and received no response. I can not leave this case like this. It took the lawyer 10 days to get himself to access my files, took another 20 days waiting to meet him, and now take more than 20 days waiting for the CV of the expert he said he will email to me during the meeting. I didn't receive it yet, and he is not responding my contact at all. I don't have enough time to be afford to this case, I need to get it resolved and move on. In case they are keep doing this, is anywhere I can complain or is any legal action I can take against them?Thank you
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You should call the insurance company and speak to a supervisor. Say that while you understand that they fund the lawsuit and they cover you this is still affecting your life and that they have to have a lawyer that is responsive because this lawyer is nonresponsive and is harming you and it can't go on like this.

Ask a supervisor to either speak to the lawyer and instruct the lawyer as to how to proceed or to consider getting you another lawyer. You can also threaten to get your own lawyer to sue the insurance company if necessary

Related Canada Law Questions