I'm married but the house tital is only in my name I want to

Customer Question
separate but he won't leave...
I'm married but the house tital is only in my name I want to separate but he won't leave how can I legally get him removed from the home
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/16/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are there children?

Have you discussed the division of assets yet?

How long were you married for?

When did you acquire the house?

2 yrs my grammar gave me house but I did a rent to own for 10 no children I just want him out for now

Unfortunately, as this is a legal marriage as opposed to a common law relationship, you don't have the legal right to have him out right now any more than he can require that of you.

This is your matrimonial home even though your name is ***** ***** and he has the same right as you do to occupy the home.

You will need to retain a lawyer and start dealing with the division of assets and all the other issues (such as possibly support) that need to be addressed. When you can settle all these issues or else get a court order and the assets or their value is divided up then he will need to leave.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping to hear.

Debra, Lawyer