How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99918
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm married but the house tital is only in my name I want to

Customer Question

I'm married but the house tital is only in my name I want to separate but he won't leave how can I legally get him removed from the home
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are there children?

Have you discussed the division of assets yet?

How long were you married for?

When did you acquire the house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 yrs my grammar gave me house but I did a rent to own for 10 no children I just want him out for now
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, as this is a legal marriage as opposed to a common law relationship, you don't have the legal right to have him out right now any more than he can require that of you.

This is your matrimonial home even though your name is ***** ***** and he has the same right as you do to occupy the home.

You will need to retain a lawyer and start dealing with the division of assets and all the other issues (such as possibly support) that need to be addressed. When you can settle all these issues or else get a court order and the assets or their value is divided up then he will need to leave.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping to hear.

Related Canada Law Questions