I want to apply of my grandchild because the parents are

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I want to apply for custody of my grandchild because the parents are unfit and both drug addicts but also her Mother is in treatment but this is her 5th time in treatment, the father is my son but he's not in treatment but needs treatment.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well my grandchild is living with my right now because both parents are drug addicts and my grandchild was removed from their care and taken to her other grandparents place but they were unable to look after her but they kept her older sister from a different father. So I would like to get custody of my granddaughter, her mother is in treatment now but her father my son is not in treatment.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Will either or both parents agree to your having custody, at least on an interim basis?

its up to the parents to agree to give me custody! Where can I get the paper work to get custody?

No I didn't say it is up to them. I asked if they would consent. I need to know that. My answer will be different depending on what your answer is.

Oh yes I want to go for custody just because of the her mothers track record and my son don't seem interested in getting better anytime soon.

But what I am asking is whether the mother and father will agree for you to have custody.

I can't I'm at work right now

OK

Answer whenever you can. I am fine to wait.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor