How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to apply of my grandchild because the parents are

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** I want to apply for custody of my grandchild because the parents are unfit and both drug addicts but also her Mother is in treatment but this is her 5th time in treatment, the father is my son but he's not in treatment but needs treatment.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well my grandchild is living with my right now because both parents are drug addicts and my grandchild was removed from their care and taken to her other grandparents place but they were unable to look after her but they kept her older sister from a different father. So I would like to get custody of my granddaughter, her mother is in treatment now but her father my son is not in treatment.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $39) to post your type of question to Canada Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Will either or both parents agree to your having custody, at least on an interim basis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its up to the parents to agree to give me custody! Where can I get the paper work to get custody?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No I didn't say it is up to them. I asked if they would consent. I need to know that. My answer will be different depending on what your answer is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes I want to go for custody just because of the her mothers track record and my son don't seem interested in getting better anytime soon.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

But what I am asking is whether the mother and father will agree for you to have custody.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't I'm at work right now
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.


Answer whenever you can. I am fine to wait.

Related Canada Law Questions