How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100942
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a two thousand judgement against me at the credit

Customer Question

there is a two thousand judgement against me at the credit bureau,from 3KINGS MANAGEMENT,I spoke with the collections manager and was told to pay 8.000.00,the amount I owed was 12,000.00.I was told to pay the 8,000.00 all matters would be closed and all judgements removed from the credit bureau,but I was told by the credit bureau that there is still a 2,000.00 judgement on my credit,wh I phone the collections,they never returned my call,I sent emails only to get no reply,this matter should have been solved last year,what can I do.I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada.please help phone number is(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are two steps you can take.

First, send the collection agency a letter by Registered Mail. Set out the facts and include any documentation you have that shows the agreement. Give them a deadline to remove the report from you record and tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings against them.

Second, use the complaint process provided by the credit bureau and there to send in the documentation that sets out the agreement and also give them a copy of the letter you sent by Registered Mail to the collection agency.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is already done,
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If you've taken both of those steps and neither has worked in your next step would be to retain a lawyer to send the collection agency and letter threatening a lawsuit.