How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100428
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Writing on behalf of my husband Dale..He got into a car

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** writing on behalf of my husband Dale..He got into a car accident with his nephew on June 9th/14 Cody ran a stop sign and dale swerved ton miss, but couldn't move any further and hit Cody head on....Dale didn't have insurance at the time, so Cody is suing Dale and his insurance company for a million dollars is there ANY way we could get help? we've tried legal aid and all the other places, but they say they only do small claims ...? thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, there are no resources to obtain representation for your husband for free.

Legal aid doesn't actually do small claims court. Legal aid only helps in criminal and family matters in Ontario.

If your husband has assets then it is likely his best approach to obtain a loan to be able to pay a lawyer because self representation for this amount of money is very dangerous.

If he doesn't have any assets then it may be best for him to consider declaring bankruptcy and he should then consult with a trustee in bankruptcy face to face as his best next step.

Related Canada Law Questions