How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100008
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé lives in Lynden,, he is currently a police

Customer Question

My fiancé lives in Lynden, Washington, he is currently a police officer/military we want to have him move to BC with me and become a Canadian Citizen, so he can then apply to one of the BC police agency's so we are both established in BC before we get married. What would be the best way for us to do this, and the fastest way possible.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Have you been living together for at least a year?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back and forth between his place and mine, yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually no it will be a year as of December 1, 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was your question my answer? Or are you looking for more information to provide me?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what happened with the site but there was some glitch and I was locked out of answering you.

I do need some more information.

Would you say that you can prove that you are in a marriage-like relationship? So you go up and back so you can live together but are your finances blended to some extent? Do you make decisions together etc?

Related Canada Law Questions