Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a client that is purchasing residential property. The

Customer Question

I have a client that is purchasing residential property. The property disclosure states that the property was used as a grow op. The selling real estate owner did not know to the extent and was only advised by the neighbours that the property had been
used in a grow up. I looked into the matter and found that 641 marijuhana plants were ceased and 26 pounds of marijuana. The individual who is selling the property bought the property from the crown as is pursuant to a civil forfeiture order. The seller is
living with the individual who had the property seized. My concern is that if the seller is related to the individual who had the property ceased that the property was probably never remediated. Does the Buyer have the right to ask the Seller to provide proof
that the property was remediated or is it buyer beware and you take the property as is.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the Buyer's options.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did he already put in an offer?