How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100468
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Vancouver, BC, I just moved out of a shared rent house

Customer Question

In Vancouver, BC, I just moved out of a shared rent house with my girlfriend, and one other roommate. That roommate is the only one on the lease or any rental agreement. My GF still lives there and wants me as a guest occasionally, but the roommate says she will call the police and have me removed, or file a complaint under quiet enjoyment. Myself and the roommate have gotten in two arguments, both non physical, without threats, and those are the only negative interactions. I am not a criminal or do anything illegal. Can she legally stop me from coming over?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

She cannot stop you so long as the other roommate, that is your girl friend, wants you to come over.

The police will not consider this issue at all given that one of the remaining wants you there.

Related Canada Law Questions