How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100935
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dayghter is married to a Canadian in British Columbia and

Customer Question

My Dayghter is married to a Canadian in British Columbia and has had a hard time getting her immagration. They have been married over one year and lived together one year. What are her rights as far as working there if she has not gotten her immagration
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Have they started a spousal sponsorship application yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I just found out they haven't filed it yet
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This is the start of the spousal application she will be able to reply for an open work permit. That means that she can work for anyone she likes.

So they have to start the application as soon as possible because otherwise she will not be able to work in Canada without leaving Canada, getting a job offer and applying for a temporary work permit.