How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100483
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Bahamian and have uncle, and cousins in Canada. I

Customer Question

Hi, I am a Bahamian and have uncle, and cousins in Canada. I have looked at express entry but its very difficult as dont have a valid job offer with positive lmia. The reason I want to migrate to Canada is my country (the Bahamas ) has become extremely dangerous place to live over the years! The murder rate is Extremely high per Capita and increases every year with no slowind down in site. We are 11th in the World for Homicides! and according to varios links, like this
We are considered a War Zone by the UN!
I have been to Canada three times and simply love it. I want to raise my thre daughters in a safe Country where they can survive drive by shootings and senseless Violence from a country that is lost!
Do I have a case for Refugee status or Stay on Compassionate or Humanitarian Grounds?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

I actually cannot provide you advice about whether you have a case or not because I'm not your lawyer and so I'm not permitted to consider your details. But, I can provide you with general legal information. Would you like for me to explain the law about claiming refugee status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather you give me your expert opinion. IN your past experiences. Or what way would you recommend me to Migrate to Canada. The most viable in my case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that's what this site's about? I'm paying for legal advice am i not? Even on top left screen, it says "My Current Lawyer" Legal Ease, whats the point if you say you cannot provide me with advise and your not my lawyer?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am most assuredly not your lawyer. I don't know who you are and you don't know me.

I cannot provide legal advice. You would have to retain me. I would have to check your identification and record it. I would have to do a conflict search to make sure I can act for you and I would need a realistic retainer. It is not the least bit possible to retain a lawyer for the nominal fee you are paying the site.

It is unlawful for me to provide advice over this site and the Terms of Service make it very clear that you only get legal information and not advice. As well it is against the rules of my law society to practice law online.

I am going to opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can respond to this person with your opinion about a police record. But you can't reply to my question? Very Unprofessional.

Related Canada Law Questions