I live out side canada since 2007 but i keep going and

Customer Question
coming back so i dont...
i live out side canada since 2007 but i keep going and coming back so i dont spend more than 2 years out side canada now my PR card will be expired on March 2016, i need to renew it , i tried to fill the form but there is question of the history my question is do i lose my PR card if i fill the history of th eaddress that am out of canada since 2007 , and i only come for visit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
9/26/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

You have to prove that you were inside of Canada for at least 730 days in past 5 years before March 2016.

If you can prove that you will be fine. If not you will lose your status.

But if you were accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse or if you were employed by a Canadian employer then the days outside of Canada are counted as days inside of Canada.

My kid is canadian and she study in amman is that okay for me to keep my status?

No that will not work unfortunately.

Why is that?she is Canadian study in Jordan and i cant leave her alone she is 12 years old.

You don't have to leave her alone as that is your choice but your days with her do not count as days inside of Canada.

Do you think if i hire a lower thats can help me with this case or find me a way that i can keep my pr card which will expire in march 2016 and renew it with out losing it all i need two years outside canada and i will be back to canada for good

Be worth having a consultation with a lawyer face-to-face. Then if that lawyer told you that he/she can help and you feel that this lawyer is honest and professional than retained a lawyer. Do not consider retaining a consultant.

Can i hire you to help me with that , i have very bad sitution that i dint want lose my status and i cant leave my daughter here what can do i need some one to help me , if i hire a lowyer from your company do you think i can solve this problem all i need is two years or maybe less then i will come with my kid to canada my kid is canadian by roots

I cannot do that but what you can do is contact the Law Society in the province you are connected with and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

Debra, Lawyer