Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am applying. After age 18 I resided full time in Canada

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I am applying for OAS. After age 18 I resided full time in Canada for 23 years and of and on worked there).I currently live outside of Canada in Mexico. On question 14 of the OAS application they ask me to list all of the places that I lived including specific dates that I entered and departed Canada. They also asked for proof of the dates I departed and entered Canada. I do not have, and cannot remember all of the places I lived outside of Canada beyond the 20 year residency in Canada that I meet. So how do I prove the times that I can remember that I lived outside of Canada without any documentation? The only one who could directly testify to my history of living in Canada is my aunt who has recently passed away. I do have a brother and sister that might possibly be able to say that I lived in Canada during certain times that I remember.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

You can provide what you can and so long as you can show you meet the requirements it will be OK.

You can call them and ask about swearing a statutory declaration and they may have one that is not readily available online for you to use as well.