How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101406
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone I know has been charged with fraud over $5000 x 2

Customer Question

Good morning
Someone I know has been charged with fraud over $5000 x 2 (total amount was $70,000). There was also a co-accused charged. However, a Civil suit was filed against the co-accused 2 years ago where a default judgement was issued and a $70,000 lien put against her home. Now, 2 years later they have come back with a criminal suit for the exact same case. Would this not be classified as "double dipping". How can they sue twice for the exact same thing?
Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean they came back with a criminal case? Who did?

Are you saying the police are just charging this person now?