How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100386
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently was re-burst accident that i was found no at

Customer Question

Hello. I recently was re-burst for a accident that i was found no at fault for(SGI) SASK. It took over 2 years to come to the conclusion. I have also being paying for the damage on the other car for this time. Estimated 3000 pay of the 4800 so far. It was determined that i didnt have insurance at the time of the accident. Should i still have to pay for the damage and if not be re burst for the money i have payed already?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear this.

What you mean when you say "re-burst"?

Do you mean that the decision was reversed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was first deemed at fault. I Paid them 500 for the points I lost and then the damage amount. I went threw their payment program, and still am, to pay off the 4800 I supposedly owe. I received a letter in the mail last Friday saying that I was NOW not a fault for the accident and sent a check for the 500. This accident was on Sept 17 2013.Can I take them to small claims court and get my money back?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can but first send then them a letter demanding full reimbursement plus interest and telling them that if they fail to pay you by a deadline that you set you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs.

Then you can sue them in Small Claims Court and can self-represent and if it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I figure out who to send the letter to and then if needed what is the process of small claims court
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You would send the letter to whomever you paid the money to.

Here is the information that you will need:

Related Canada Law Questions