How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101458
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you contract someone to do painting of a room inside your

Customer Question

If you contract someone to do painting of a room inside your home and they steal your medication (without your knowledge) and sell it on the street, can the homeowner be charged with criminal negligence or any other charge, if someone on the street snorts the drugs, etc., and gets hurt or dies?
Should the home owner go to the police?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

The home owner cannot be blamed in this situation. It is your own home and you don't have to hide medication in your own home.

If someone steals it then it is a criminal offence that you can report if you choose to do so.

If the sell it on the street this is not your fault at all.

If someone gets hurt or dies this is also not your fault.

If you want to have the person charged then call the police and if you are worried about possibly consequences then for sure call the police though as I said you won't be considered at fault.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I appreciate it very much.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

You are very welcome.