How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99954
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Plaintiff with a Ontario small claims court claim. I

Customer Question

I am a Plaintiff with a Ontario small claims court claim. I have also been to a settlement hearing without reaching a settlement. As a result of the settlement hearing I have a credit note and a further invoice to add to the claim as evidence. I have sent these both to the defendant as an offer to settle but have not heard a response.
I have not requested the clerk for a trial date yet.
Can I serve through an affidavit of service the credit note and further invoice so the courts can review before making a judgement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You don't provide the court with this evidence now.

The way this works is you provide the court with evidence through live testimony and you enter these documents as exhibits when you testify.

The Trial Judge will not look at documentary evidence ahead of time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will ask the clerk to request a trial. Thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Related Canada Law Questions