How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100944
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a born and raised Canadian citizen. I wish to know the

Customer Question

Hello. I'm a born and raised Canadian citizen. I wish to know the process, costs, and qualifications of arranging both a tourist visa and a permanent visa for a person from the Philippines to enter Canada for purposes of possible marriage or a common-law relationship. Can you tell me how this person would qualify for a tourist or permanent visa, the process, and the estimated costs. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I just have one question first. Are you saying that the goal is to have the person come for a visit and, if things work out, then to sponsor the person as a spouse for permanent residency status?