How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100383
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a townhouse condo and recently had my -burning

Customer Question

Good Morning: I live in a townhouse condo and recently had my wood-burning fireplace inspected. The fireplace itself was passed by a WETT-certified inspector. However, he discovered that the metal extension on the exterior chimney was not long enough to be approved. The metal extension should be 3 feet and ours is only around 10 inches. Is the expense to bring this section up to safety standards our responsibility or the condo Board? So appreciate your help with this issue.
Nancy Colefield
Brechin, Ontario
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Whomever owns this metal extension must pay to have it extended.

So you have to review your condo by-laws and/or the legal description of your unit to determine who the owner is.

Do you understand what I mean?

Related Canada Law Questions