How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100941
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé was refused entry to canada DUI from 2012, we are

Customer Question

Hi, my fiancé was refused entry to canada for a DUI from 2012, we are to be married in the USA in late October, and he would like to come to Canada with me for christmas, how can I get a temporary visitor permit for him?Does it make it easier if we are married(I have no criminal record)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Your being married does not help unfortunately.

It is not likely that he will be able to enter on a Temporary Resident Permit. That is not given for all cases. Rather it is reserved for more extraordinary cases or when the visit is needed for work or if at least 5 years has passed since the sentence was completed.

It is possible to apply ahead of time rather than at the border so at least you will be certain. The fee is $200 and is non-refundable if he is refused.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.