How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101462
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I provided my tenant with an N12 notice and she is now

Customer Question

I provided my tenant with an N12 notice and she is now claiming harassment. She has called the cops on us two or three times stating we would not let her park, even though the lease clearly states she has no parking (she has also known this for 8 months now). Anyways, long story short we are the ones that feel harassed by these embarrassing police visits. I even had a third party friend step in and become the point of contact so she can not continue to make false accusations, but she refuses to speak to anyone but me.
She is also claiming that our security camera in the driveway which faces the vehicles and front door is an invasion of privacy. I don't think this is an issue because it is in a common area and I have it there for security reasons since my children and I live at the same residence. Am I allowed to have this camera there? (It was installed a few months ago, after she moved in. We installed in when we were going out of town on vacation)
I really just want my apartment back so my child can move in and I can save costs of renting another condo/apartment for her. At this point, is there any way for me to get rid of her sooner?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

You can have the camera there so long as it doesn't point towards her door.

There is no way to speed this up unfortunately.

But you can call the police and explain about what is going on and ask them to caution her about harassing you or you can have a lawyer send her a cease and desist letter threatening a lawsuit.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would me sending her a cease and desist letter impact my N12 at all? I am afraid she is going to try and turn this against me to otherwise show "bad faith" to void out the N12.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

It will not void the N12 at all.