Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I put in a complaint letter to the property manager about a

Customer Question

I put in a complaint letter to the property manager about a tenant below me BBQ and others in the building BBQ also.As I had called the super and property manager a few times about this and they kept BBQ,one being the assist super daughter.
So was told to put it in writing
And we all received a Dos and Don't card telling us that it is strictly prohibited,and in the lease it says the tenant agrees not to store or use a barbecue.
The reason I complained about this was the smoke and smell coming into my unit.
Then I seen the tenant below me outside and she said the superintendent told her I put in a letter complaining about her and not to talk to me ,also the dirty looks I have been getting from other tenants here that were also in the letter.
They used to speak to me,now I know why they don't have been informed about my letter as well.
I thought that my complain letter is confidential.
Is this not a breach of trust on there part.
Had they enforced the own rule about this matter,I would not of had to write a letter,and now wonder what is going to happen next because the superintendent told the tenants who complained.
Please let me know what I should do.
Thank-You Sharon Raines
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Have the addressed the issue about the BBQs?

Do any of their rules talk about a complaint process?