How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99926
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Brother died in Canada .with hand written will. A friend

Customer Question

Brother died in Canada .with hand written will. A friend there has powers of attorney.I wish to give her permission to oversee his complete estate
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

Are you saying he appointed you as executor in this Will?

Was it totally in his own hand and signed by him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1, Yukon, White Horse 2. Only by word of mouth 3 In his own hand but I have not seen it and not sure about any sinature
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

Did your brother have any assets in his name alone?

Who has seen the Will who can tell you what it says and whether it was signed?

Does your brother have a living spouse or children or parents?

Related Canada Law Questions