Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I just found your website and hope you can help me, my bank

Customer Question

Hi I just found your website and hope you can help me, my bank account was blocked because of suspicious activity. My boyfriend got a cash reward from his credit card because all the points he earned. The deposited 8,000 on my account when I went to use the account they told me it was locked and that the person I have to talk to will not be there till Monday. I am very worry about it I have never been involved in anything bad
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Have you tried calling telephone banking? The number should be on the back of your debit card.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I called the bank and they told me to go to my branch I went and the manager made aphone call then she told that the person that she needed to talk wasn't in his office to go back on Monday, but I am really worry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you think they can do?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

What are you worried about specifically?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what could happen with my account and the money that I have there
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

If your boyfriend put in a cheque and then withdrew cash and then the cheque bounced the bank will take out the funds from your account to cover the cheque. If that happens you will either have to call the police or sue your boyfriend. But if he's not done anything wrong then your funds will be fine.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it is not about a cheque he got the money from a reward service from his credit card
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

So then there is likely nothing to worry about and all and probably this will all be cleared up on Monday.