Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

This question is lawyer, Legal Ease, so are u saying Mikayla

Customer Question

This question is for the lawyer , Legal Ease, so are u saying Mikayla can come back to my home without any legalities toward her or myself until I can get her a legal aid lawyer next week ?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is in Alberta Canada
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing that anyone can do to Mikayla because if she is a competent adult she can go where she wants and if she is not competent she cannot face any legal repercussions because she is not competent. The only possibility that I can see happening is the police trying to bring Mikayla back but, as I told you on the other post, I do not see how they could do this. The only way I can see this happening is if they took her to a psychiatric facility against her will for being assessed to see if she is a danger to herself or others.

In terms of legal repercussions for you, if an adult asks you to let her live with you and you agree, I do not see how you can face legal repercussions so long as you keep her safe.