How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101424
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in toronto, ontario i was wondering a court order

Customer Question

i live in toronto, ontario i was wondering a court order for child support was filed against me in my absent in court for child support after me and my sons mother came to arrangement and was suppose to cancel the order but did not and not i been contacted to pay money to fro dated bact to 2013
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Will the mother agree to let the FRO know you don't owe the money?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No she did this behind my back I want to reopen the case and submit my income because these put it at 55 thousand and I only have a income of 19 thousand
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

What you will need to do is bring an Application to Change by way of motion. You would have to provide proof to the court that you had reached an agreement and that you had been adhering to the terms and that you were shocked to find that your former spouse went behind your back and essentially fraudulently registered the order with the FRO knowing that you were not actually in arrears.