How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100492
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a landlord and my tenant has asked opinion and she has

Customer Question

I am a landlord and my tenant has asked for your opinion and she has forwarded me a copy of your response , however her question to you does not give the full details of the problem and I would like to respond to your answer. How can Ido that ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am not clear who allegedly gave her some advice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All we have is Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you would provide me with an email address I will forward you a copy of Jim's response
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I don't need to see the answer. I assume Jim did not have all the facts as you are saying.

The law is clear about notice and about entry into the rental unit.

Her calling the police is nonsense. She has no right to keep you out of the unit so long as you provide proper notice.

You have a legal right to enter the premises with notice and to make a repair or replacement or do work in the rental unit and you must provide written notice at least 24 hours before the time of entry under the following circumstances:

    Related Canada Law Questions