How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101020
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last month I got into an accident. I was driving down the

Customer Question

Last month I got into an accident. I was driving down the road and I accidentally ran head first into an electrical pole. There was a lot on my mind that day, was tired and had not eaten a whole lot. After crashing I call 911, after their assessment they issued me a careless driving ticket. Do you think there is any way I can get this reduced? If so, what do you think would be my best approach?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

You can likely get this reduced.

The way this works is that in most cases if you plead not guilty then on the day of the trial you can usually come to an agreement with the Crown to plead guilty to a lesser offence. This will be good for you of course and it better for the legal system as you are not taking up hours of the Judge, police office and Crown's time.