How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100505
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a guarantor nieces mortgage loan a number of years ago

Customer Question

I was a guarantor for my nieces mortgage loan a number of years ago and to spite my bailing them out, the matter was eventually taken to court. The house was sold but the only proof I have is a MLS listing saying it was sold. My wife and I tried to get a loan to consolidate some debts and our mortgage but because this is on my record and I couldn't prove the house being sold (I didn't have the MLS listing at the time) we were refused. What do I need to do to?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

All you have to do is have someone do a title search on the property and it will show that there are new owners.

Any real estate lawyer can do that for you in a matter of minutes from her/his desk and it will not cost much at all.

Related Canada Law Questions