How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100461
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am Uchenna from Nigeria.I will be visiting canada in a

Customer Question

Hello.Am Uchenna from Nigeria.I will be visiting canada in a week's time with a visitor's visa with multiple entry which will be valid till 2017.My aim is to look at possible options of changing my status to permanent stay in a shortest possible time,maybe between 6mths-1yr.I would like to move my familyto canada,but i don't want us to be there illegaly.I am already in an express entry profile with score of 339.I know that getting a job offer,PNP nomination etc can add to my marks such that i can be invited to apply.Are there better and faster options?pls advise me.Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also,i will be in ontario during my visit.How can u connect me to a good immigration lawyer to represent me?thanks
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking me to explain how to find a lawyer in Ontario who practices immigration law?

Do you also want me to give you the information you mentioned or are you now saying you want to retain a lawyer to assist in all of that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you have not answered my 1st question in any way.Am so disappointed with your response,honestly.To rephrase the question,what are the possible options of changing my status from temporary to permanent?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You cannot do that from within Canada.

The best approach in terms of speed is through the express entry program and if you can get a job offer that would be ideal.

So essentially, if you get a job offer when you visit and then leave and go back home to apply you will be able to accomplish your goal so long as your skill and experience meets the criteria.

Your family would gain their PR status by being part of your application.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their LawyerReferral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and canconsult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Related Canada Law Questions