Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I own a company %100 owner, the manager has been aquiring

Customer Question

I own a company %100 owner , the manager has been aquiring about business loans , without my knowing and approval , I don't know if he has sent any information to the loan place , but is that still attempted fraud for aquiring without permission
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am married to the manager just got separated and he's been acquiring without my permission he has been blackmailing me with my company and telling me he will not support us if you does not have control of the company I am now a single mother with children and no job
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has complete control and if I do not follow his demands he will bankrupt my company because he had not been paying the taxes so we all taxes now , due to him being my husband I let him have control at the time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am aboriginal and he is not
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 years ago.

You have posted this question in US law. In what US state is this taking place?

If this is not a US law question, please tell me the country involved so that I can have customer service move it to the correct category.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Canada
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.

This will have to be moved to Canada law. I will contact customer service to let them know. It may take time, but you will get an email when a Canada lawyer replies.

Please do not rate my services because I have not provided you with an answer. Save the rating for the Canadian lawyer who answers your question.

Good luck with your case.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

With whom is he speaking and does he have signing authority?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No signing Authority his name is ***** ***** ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what company he works for but his name was added as a contact there was an email sent with his name number and info that he needs for the loan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Husband (ex) is threatening to open his own company , so I'm worried he will get that loan and use it for his own company
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

How do you know this happened and are you saying he held himself out as asking for a loan for your business?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still loged into the emails witch he has no idea I am , there was an email with his name sent to him with all the info required and he does not have a company ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is also planing on buying another company with a friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have everything saved
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

But how would this cause your company to get a business loan. Isn't he just asking for his own now that you are separated?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is trying to get a loan with my company , he went threw bankruptcy 6 years ago , so I'm worried he trying to get loan from my company to start his own company
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Then leave me with all depts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I let him have control of company for over a year then I find out he hasn't paid the CRA and we 40,000 in dept already , and with my name on everything I get stuck with everything ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The other thing is he said is if I close my company on him he will not support kids and I , and we will be on the streets ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have anything or do I just sit back and wait for him to screw up or commit fraud
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

This is more a family law issue than anything as there are issues about support and the division of assets and so goes well beyond his possibly committing fraud.

In my view you should be consulting with a family lawyer as soon as possible. The issues about the debts and possibly financing through fraud can all be addressed through family court.