Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My older brothers were executors of my parents estate.my

Customer Question

My older brothers were executors of my parents estate.my mother passed away in 1977 and my Dad 2000. My brothers has not finalize all of the things in the Will. It's been so many years. Does the executors have a statue of limitations to finish their job. Some assets are overseas. I need them to finalize it but they refused and I was informed that if we sell later we could get more money. I am 65 years old And retired. I have ask and ask and they not just refused to do anything but threaten me they know the police and gangs in Hong Kong. I live in USA. What can I do. As for dispersing the cash there were no paperwork nothing were in writing. My parents are Canadian citizen so as my rest of the family but they went back to live in Hong Kong. In addition my brothers have my parents change the home under their names but there were documents stating that it will be divided by all of us when it was sold. However, one of my brother wants not to sell it and hold on to it so he can give it to his kids. The other siblings will not get a dime.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

When did your brothers put the home in your name?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My brothers made my parents go back to Hong Kong and have their names put into the house around the end of 1996. My mom passed away April 1997
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My brothers did not put my name in the home left in Hong Kong
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Who is looking into my case
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is someone giving me some response or not
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I am not able to answer about suing in HK.

Do you want me to deal with any assets that are in BC?