How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100943
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car is totalled other driver 100 percent at fault. am I

Customer Question

my car is totalled other driver 100 percent at fault. am I entitled to car rental until settlement
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

It depends on your coverage or whether the driver has accepted total responsibility.

Here is what they say on their website:

If you have Loss of Use coverage (either the RoadStar or Roadside Plus package) or a driver has reported the crash and accepted responsibility, then we'll pay for your rental vehicle. We'll cover the cost until we offer you payment for your written-off car or the maximum coverage is reached, whichever comes first. The maximum under the RoadStar package is $500 while the Roadside Plus package covers up to $750. Both of these packages cover loss of use on a motor home for up to $1,000.