How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3476
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm scheduled to appear in provincial court tomorrow in nova

Customer Question

I'm scheduled to appear in provincial court tomorrow in nova scotia to enter a plea I was charged with criminal harassment and uttering threats in a domestic case. I'm in alberta and have been since april.
I can't afford to fly all the way there as I have 4 children to support and my job is unstable at the moment.
I have asked a friend to enter a plea of not guilty for me and have sent a letter to the judge to explain my absence.
I have kept all the conditions of my bail and have no intention of breaking any of them..I also have no criminal record.
Will this be ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm sorry that your question hasn't been addressed yet. I've been off the site for a couple of days, and being the last week of August I'm noticing that there aren't many experts around at the moment.

You had court yesterday. Do you know what happened?

If your matter has been resolved, then that's good. Don't forget about your deposit to the site if you don't need to discuss your question with us (unless you're on a subscription).

Related Canada Law Questions