How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99954
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am mortgage agent with a national brokerage. I am under a

Customer Question

I am mortgage agent with a national brokerage. I am under a 5 year contract as an Independent contractor. My brokerage, after signing me have given 2 franchises for conducting exactly the same business as mine in 100 meters radius of my office. Though I am not a franchise, I was signed up prior to signing the other two franchisees. Recently I have been experiencing negative effects of two franchise of the same name near to my office. I was not taken into the confidence or consulted prior to signing the two said Franchises. Since I am in a contract the national brokerage house took it for granted and got two franchise office opened so closed to mine which is negatively effecting my earning potential.
I wanted to know, will I be able to terminate my contract as my contract states that only the national brokerage has right to terminate the same. Any and all advises will be appreciated
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm based in Surrey BC.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything in your contract about their having to protect your area from their own competing with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the agreement for your review.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I am not able to read any legal documents. I am not your lawyer and only your own lawyer can do that.

If you need a lawyer to read a document you will have to consult with the lawyer face to face. However, if you want to summarize what I need to know then we can continue.

Related Canada Law Questions