How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100483
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

PRODUCING DOCUMENTS: I have a question regarding how to

Customer Question

PRODUCING DOCUMENTS: I have a question regarding how to force documents from a plaintiff? This plaintiff only provided 284 records in their affidavit while I have over 20,800 pages. Plus key people on the other side have not provided any documents such as the CFO and the allegations involve financial mismanagement by me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

If a party does not produce documents listed in their affidavit of documents then any other party can bring an application to court to seek an order compelling them to provide the documentary disclosure.

I do not know what you mean when you say you have tried so many lawyers. If you mean you are looking for a lawyer to act for you let me know and I can make some suggestions in that regard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx. No lawyer would take this case because it's extremely complicated and involves many complicit high rollers. What I think would blow the case wide open would be an application to court seeking an Oder to produce documents. Is there some link to where I can find more info about this type of court application and how write same?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You would just bring an application to the court and provide a supporting affidavit and in your affidavit you would explain what is going on. The Affidavit is your sworn evidence that explains what happened, what you've done, what you need and why etc.

Related Canada Law Questions