I am looking Lawyer who is specialized and experienced in

Customer Question
I am looking for a...
I am looking for a Lawyer who is specialized and experienced in dispute between Condominium owner and strata council .
I would lke to know how your system works?
The $40 fee is just for one time asking question? or can I ask back and forth questions related to the same Topic, until I get answer to all of my questions?
Thank You
Reza
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 day by:
8/30/2015
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Debra, Lawyer

Are you asking how to find a lawyer to represent you?

The way the system works is that you can go up and back until all your follow-up questions are answered.

I got a in BC registered general power of Attorney without restrictions from my daughter who owns a Condominium in North Vancouver.
I was elected to Council for that building at 2013-2014 AGM . after the election, I found out that some thing was wrong with the building's strata Council President and Council Vice president. I suspected them of having Business Interest in that Strata Building, therefore I asked them to disclose their involvement in business, which they denied since than. I forwarded my questions to the Council and asked them to response to them in a detailed and same sequences that I wrote my questions for better clarification the facts ,which they rejected providing answer for more than three Years.
Since, I insisted of having answer to my questions those Council Presidents with help of Strata Manager removed my name simply from the Council's list ,just for stopping me to follow up that case. They did not remove my name in a special Council Meeting or AGM based on the Strata Act's.
I continued for asking the Council and Strata manager for a special meeting where I could ask those Council Presidents to answer to my questions, they refused and did not allow me to inform the Owners about my questions at 2014-2015 AGM.
Recently , they hired a famous Real State Lawyer who wrote me a warning letter full of groundless accusations and allegations without any prove .
That Lawyer accused me for insulting .bothering and ............ the council and the Strata Manager with my repeated questions.
He added if I would contact the Council and the Strata Manager one more time and ask them for answering to my requested questions again , he would take me to Supreme Court.
I read all related Strata Act's Rules and Regulations sections and find out that the Condominium's Owners are entitled to ask the Council for disclosing the facts related to their actions ,building's expenses and contractor's contracts ........I also read that the Owners could ask the Council for new Bylaws like as.
A- Communication and correspondence System, with which help the Owners could disclose their concern about the building's issues and ask other Owners , if they would have the same issues specially forward to Council and the Strata Managers actions as well..
B- Reducing the Strata Council's Power, specially toward to" not emergency" purchase and expenses or contracts with Contractors
C- standing for Council for relative of Owners who would have a registered Power of Attorney.
D- First informing the owners about their plan for building's improvement and betterments before their final decisions.
I asked for bringing those topics to our 2014-2015 AGM , but those Council Presidents with support of some other councils who are friends of Council president and are acting as Council in our building for ages prevented those topics be discussed in that AGM.
I know very well ,that according to Law, a Condominium Owners in BC doesn't have any chance for achieving his/her right, if the Strata Council refuse to answer to that Owners questions, but just to take the case to Supreme Court which would be a long time and expensive process.
I am sure that our Strata Council and Strata manager know very well about the above cited facts in BC ans Supreme Court process and are sure no Owners would spend money and time to go to Supreme Court, therefore they do not care about my questions even though they know that I am right and entitled for having answers t o my questions .
My Questions for You?
1- Can our Council hire a Lawyer and ask him to ban me to contact them and Strata Manager in regard to my questions for stopping me ? or am I entitled to ask them to answer to my questions and, If they do not answer to my request what is my options for informing the other Owners and asking them if they would have some questions from Council?
2- What is the legal way for asking the Council for bringing those A-D above new Bylaw's at a AGM or a special meeting?
3- How can I force the Council To call for a special Council Meeting where I can ask my questions and discuses about A-D new Bylaws?
Finally I want Just a experienced Real State lawyer answer to my Questions.
Thank you
Reza

I am not a real estate lawyer so I am going to opt out.

I am still waiting for a Real State lawyer.
The last Lawyer could not answer to my questions.
I have been waiting for having answer to my questions for three days after a Lawyer informed me could not answer to my questions on August 31 2015. I called and talked to your Colegue Katie who promised me she would find a Lawyer as soon as posibel. Please let me know when I get answer to my questions?Thank You
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor