How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101034
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Signed a bill of sale 't have the money

Customer Question

Signed a bill of sale for car don't have the money
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Signed a bill of sale at a car dealership and don't want it is there anyway out. Haven't taken possession or it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You can tell the dealer that you cannot go ahead. But there is no cooling off period and so the contract is binding. That means the dealer can sue you to compel you to complete the deal.

At the same time the dealer has a duty to try and sell the car again. If the dealer succeeds then you will only be liable for any costs the dealer incurs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What if I can't afford it how do I pay
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Tell them what you situation is and hope they agree to end the contract. If not tell them you know they must mitigate their damages and take all steps possible to sell the car.

If they sue you they can garnish your wages or seize assets so it is important to try and work this out with them in case they cannot sell the car.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if they haven't Seen my I'd or licence. Don't have my social card
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't matter what they have. You entered into a binding agreement with them.

I have to go to bed now but will check back to see if you need me again in the morning but really the answer I have provided though not at all what you were hoping to hear is correct and there isn't any way around it.