How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99929
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex and I bought a place together and I left over a year

Customer Question

My ex and I bought a place together and I left over a year ago and he was suppose to get his own mortgage to buy the trailer and now he is unemployed and my name is ***** ***** the mortgage and I want it off. I told him he needs to see if his parents will help him out with buying it or we will have to sell it. Now my question is he doesn't feel I'm entitled to anything. Am I? Like I helped pay mortgage while I lived there. He's been paying it himself for 15 months but on paper it looks like I still live there. I'm just confused with the legal part of all of this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is this a common law or legal marriage?

Related Canada Law Questions