How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100972
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought some waterfront property some years ago after using

Customer Question

i bought some waterfront property some years ago after using it for awhile i went to Toronto when i came back my step son had claimed it and used it, i have a paper signed by the seller saying i bought the property, how can i get the squatter off my property,who got rights the owner or the squatter
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
He does not have any rights to the property.
He must leave when you tell him to do so. If he does not then he is trespassing.
You can change the locks as you are the owner and he does not pay rent.
If you cannot get him out and if the police will not help then you may need to get a court order.