How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99931
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Actually am from Mauritius. Am trying to find ways to

Customer Question

Actually am from Mauritius. Am trying to find ways to migrate to Canada either for work purposes or to study. Am actually looking for universities there or try to find a job. I work as an Internal Auditor n Mauritius at Leal and Co LTD, am asking you if ever you help me to find a job there in order for me to get there easily or give me some lease legal requirement information about how can i come to Canada because i got no family living there. I have only a close friend living in Toronto.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot help you find a job. That is not the role of a lawyer. I am also not your lawyer.

I can explain the law.

If you get an accepted to a university you can come to Canada on a study permit. After 6 months of full-time attendance you can get an open work permit and can work 20 hours a week.

Or if you get a job offer then you can apply for a temporary work permit.

If you get to study in Canada and then work, or if you work in Canada on a permit then after 4 years of being in Canada you can apply to immigrate under what is called the Canada Experience Class.

If you want more information about the study permit, work permit or Canada Experience Class let me know and I can provide you with links to the relevant webpages.

Related Canada Law Questions