How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold a car several years ago and the reported amount on

Customer Question

I sold a car several years ago and the reported amount on the BC transfer papers was recorded. The Finance Ministry has been after me for more money due in taxes because they claim I sold the car for less then the black book value. I sent them receipts showing why the car was sold at a lower then expected value and yet they denied my receipts and request for a fair re-assessment and settlement. They now are threatning me with a lawsuit, for which I welcome and wish to happen so I can show a Judge the true reason why the car was sold at a lower value. I welcome your ideas.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking if you can sue successfully?

Related Canada Law Questions