How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100356
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 temporary foreign workers from Mexico on a 2 year

Customer Question

I have 2 temporary foreign workers from Mexico on a 2 year permit and it expires this fall.
I want to keep them because they are trained and reliable. Can I get their permit extended? Or can I get them here on a new one for next year?
Please reply
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

They can apply to extend their work permits. It is possible they could get the renewed for another two years.

Here is a link to the information they will need:

You will need to go through the same process as before and get what is now called a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment rather than a Labour Market Opinion.

Related Canada Law Questions