How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100468
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my and my daughter's application submitted with my

Customer Question

I have my and my daughter's application submitted with my husband as primary applicant .Me and my husband have passed the citizenship test , as he had got the RQ as he is short of 190 days he has to go for judge hearing. So can I split my and my daughter's application (she is minor) from my husband's application as I have already completed 1290 days according to old application as we had applied in 2013
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

She will get her citizenship so long as you do. She doesn't have to meet any requirements for residency.

So there is no need to split an application but she will be granted citizenship when you are.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No my question was, Is it possible to split my application from my Husband's as I am also stuck in the long procedure due to my husband's CJ hearing? And given the fact that he is having CJ hearing which has delayed the process further?
Is it possible as per today's rule to request splitting my and my daughter's application from my husband's application given the fact that his hearing might be due to residency question as he has declared 180 days short of physical presence?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I just answered on the other post.

It is not possible to split the application when the delay is due to a residency issue and not a test issue.

Related Canada Law Questions