Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a United States company that has to take a vendor in

Customer Question

I am a United States company that has to take a vendor in Canada to court in the United States and then go to the Ontario court system to honor the judgement.
How does Canadian law look at law suits won against a Canadian companies from US clients?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

We are reciprocating jurisdictions so your judgment will be easily registered with our courts here.

You simply will have to prove that the US court that rendered the decision had jurisdiction to make the Judgment.

When you do that the judgment will have the same force and effect as if it was obtained in Canada.