How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100378
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a mechanic in Alberta. I repaired a truck tree trimmer

Customer Question

I am a mechanic in Alberta. I repaired a truck for a tree trimmer without getting his signature on a work order because he hired me over the telephone. He has not paid me, but I still have the truck at my shop. The bill is over 1 1/2 years old. The cost of the repairs are greater than the value of the truck. He will not take my calls. I have his name and his address. Is there a LEGAL way for me to sell his truck to recover even part of the outstanding bill?? Is there another remedy for this bill? I am willing to forgive all of the interest if I could collect. The last time he did talk to me he indicated that he was willing to pay for the parts and trade his tree trimming labor for my Mechanic labor, I told him that I WOULD trade like that. since then I phone and leave messages he dose nothing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You can sue him in Small Claims Court and can self-represent.

Then once you get the judgment you can enforce it by seizing assets, garnishing wages etc.

So the next step is to sue.