How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100964
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have legal recourse against my company About 2 weeks

Customer Question

Do I have legal recourse against my company
About 2 weeks ago, I injured myself at work by dropping a safety bull bar onto my knee cap and reported it verbally but didnt go sick, last week (7th aug), the pain became unbearable andbi went to the walk in clinic and was prescibed some tablets that would make me drowsy if I took them. On saturday whilst driving back from calgary, I accidently took one of these tablets in error believing it to be a non drowsy alternative I had purchased which resulted in me crashing into a ditch due to feeling drowsy. My company have said I cannot return to work till I get a doctors note and are threatening to fire me aswell.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

You can and should be putting in a claim with WSIB as you were harmed at your workplace.

But if you are asking if you can claim damages from your employer because of your accident that will not work. The accident was caused by your error as you took the wrong pills.

And it does make complete sense and is legally sound for them to require a note saying you are fit for work given what has happened.