How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100944
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work at Walmart and working with a job related injury. The

Customer Question

I work at Walmart and working with a job related injury.
The light duty agreement I have signed with them has been changed many times and my Doctor orders are not followed.
As a result I am getting worse and working in pain every day.
They won't release a copy of my agreement as well.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean you don't have a copy of the agreement? Is WSIB involved?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked for a copy and was refused.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

You missed part of my question. Is WSIB involved?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My first agreement I could leave the floor and rest when in pain from my hernia.
Then it was changed to standing 8 hrs greeting. I have talked no no one else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did go after them to check for mold in the store ,which was found and covered up.
After that they changed my duty.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

But did you tepid getting hurt at work?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The doctors note was not to stand for so long.
The report was Heavy peripheral vascular calcification in the distal aorta and common iliac arteries consistent with atheromatous disease.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the hernia was done lifting a heavy box of bannanas. But the work save report said repettitive lifting. Which is my every day job and is not what I told my manager.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

This is what I suggest you do. I suggest you tell them that you received some legal information and that the information is that they are required by law to provide you with reasonable accommodations unless doing so will cause them to undergo undue hardship.

You can say that you do not understand why they are refusing to make these accommodations given the doctor's report that they are required and that they agreed to do so and you can tell them that if they refuse to provide these accommodations they are in breach of the human rights code.

If they refuse to make the accommodations at that point in time you should then file a complaint with the human rights commission.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Human rights commission only handles Government employees. I went to Web site.
Stores are not on the list.
Are you sure before I tell them what you said?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Here is the link to the Tribunal: