How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99918
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Permanent residence in Canada

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello i would like to get answers and information about the faster process to get the perminant residence in Candad
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

As a lawyer you could not practice in Canada without significant education and experience in Canada so unless you want to try and come to Canada as an international student being a lawyer will not help.

But if may be that your spouse could come as a skilled worker and you would come with him.

I suggest that you both review this information to see if it could apply to you:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am a lebanese Lawyer , working in Dubai , Married to Egyption man , working as training manager , we have no kids and we would like to build our future in Canada.
we have tourist visa and we have visited Canada last November.
we want to ask , what is the faster way to get the Permanent resident and , if we go to canada via our tourist visa and we planned to stay there and to work there , so is there a way to change our status from tourist to permanent resident.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know about skilled worker , my concern is that if we come to Canada in our tourist visa , what is the best and faster way to stay there . Is it finding a job or registering in University or what ??? and if we registered in university being students so can we get a work permit
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You cannot apply from within Canada so you cannot remain here. That is not an option. It is not how our system works.

Even if you apply to law school you cannot get the permit while in Canada. Visitor's do not have the right to apply for permits of any sort from within Canada.

You can get an off campus work permit after being in school for six months and that will allow you to work 20 hours a week.

So you can come to Canada and get a job offer and then leave and apply or apply for schools but that just cannot all happen while you are here as a visitor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aha , so i understand that there is no option to stay and change my status from visitor to permanent resident if i come to canada via visit visa. Then what is the best way you advice me to proceed to get the permanent visa for me and my husband quickly and can your firm handle my issue and help us
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot act for you but if you let me know the province you are interested in I can suggest ways to find a lawyer.

I believe that the skilled worker way is fastest if your spouse is eligible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toronto is preferable for us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you give me some more information about the express entry and this we can applied to from Dubai or we have to come to Canada and is there a required fees
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindly recommend for us which program you advice us to submit through it :
under the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
under the Federal Skilled Trades Program,
under the Canadian Experience Class, or
as a provincial nominee, in some cases.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot analyze your husband's skills and experience and education. So I don't know if he will fit under any of those categories. Canada Experience Class will not apply now but the others could.

You need your own lawyer to analyze your personal details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you recommend for me a lawyer , i need a proper legal advice that's why iam contacting you !!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one more question , why i cant apply as a skill worker . iam lawyer and having legal experience , i can practice any legal work there not only being a lawyer , i believe diffidently there is a chance for me to apply and sponsor my spouse .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i contacted you to get a full information about immigration matter , if you cannot provide me with the accurate information , kindly recommend a lawyer to me .
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am not your lawyer. I can only give legal information of a general nature. My law society doesn't allow me to give advice or analzye facts online.

You may be able to do other work but you cannot practice law or be a paralegal as both those professions are now licenced.

You could contact the law society in the province you hope to immigrate to and find out what you need to do to certify yourself.

If that means going to law school then you could come as a student, your spouse can come on your permit and work and then after you graduate and become licenced and have done the appropriate work experience then you could come under the Canada Experience class but that is all a few years down the road and you are asking about what is fastest.

What province are you interested in. I said I could suggest how to find a lawyer but need that information first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
English Province. Toronto
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

There are two law schools in Toronto by the way. Both are first rate. One is at the University of Toronto and the other is Osgoode Hall Law School.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any email for these lawyers you can provide me with
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Check the website here:

Related Canada Law Questions