How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100022
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Alberta, my landlord owes me 800.00 return of damage

Customer Question

Alberta, my landlord owes me 800.00 return of damage deposit, no damages done, simply said for me to sue her. Month to month lease notice given, walk through was not done on entering, nor done on exit, was there for 6 weeks in total can I place caveat
sure what do you want to know
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You cannot place a caveat.

You can call the Residential Tenancies Branch and ask for their assistance. You may be able to file a complaint there.

If they say they cannot help then you would sue in Small Claims Court.

Once you get a judgment you can then place a lien on title or have assets seized or wages garnished.

Related Canada Law Questions