Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Inheritance question my mother and her sisters brother died.

Customer Question

inheritance question
my mother and her sisters brother died. the brother gave them both some land along with his common law wife. the common law wife is sitting on the property and apparently is turning down sales.. (so she says) she told my mother and her sister that her lawyer told her not to sell right now.
but she could have already sold the property they don't know for sure. They have no knowledge and are elderly etc
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
saskatchewan canada
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what should they do to get the information they need
the brother who passed was in the hospital at the time when his common law got him to sign a will. He had been in the hospital for over a year and was not in great health obviously. the common law wife had her adult 45-50yr old daughter sign as witness to the will in the hospital.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they just want to make sure the common law has not sold the land already... as this has been going on for over 4 years now. They are in the will.. but the common law is running things
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.

Did you see the will?